Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Lebanese government summons me to a military court

I finally spoke to the Lebanese Minister of Justice.  We spoke about my case where the Lebanese government has summoned me to appear before the prosecutor of the Military Court, in response to a tweet of mine against meetings in Naqurah between Lebanese Army Officers and Israeli occupation Army officers and I called (by way of irony) for disarming the Lebanese Army and preserving the arms of resistance against Israeli occupation and aggression.  He told me that he is in favor of freedom of speech and advised me to hire a lawyer to contact the prosecutor. I explained that I am still waiting for a verdict from the courts from 4 years ago in which I filed a suit against Saudi-run media in a case of defamation.  We shall see.